A dog can be your best friend. In many cases he is, but he can also be an annoying animal. When a dog gets a habit, it is hard to change. Eventually, he develops his behavior that is some cases isn’t very good. Then, you should change it. Yes, you can. It isn’t quick and simple, but you will succeed. There are several ways to achieve this. If all of them fail, you must take your dog to a veterinary therapist.
• You must have rules. You and your dog must follow them. After all, you are the boss and your dog must know this.
• It is possible that your dog shows bad behavior in some occasions. In this case, avoid those situations as much as possible.
• Keep an eye on your dog. Then, you will notice what he really wants and what makes him comfortable.
• If you just got a new pet, make sure his movement is limited to the small part of your home. Only when he is properly trained, you can let him go where he wants.
• Punish bad behavior and reward good behavior.
• Try to correct the behavior of your dog. Swap a toy from your shoe, for example.
• Don’t use force to make your dog do something. He will be afraid, and you won’t achieve your desired goal.
• Don’t encourage the bad behavior.
• Try to socialize your puppy or a dog. Slowly expose him to other people and animals.
If you don’t have time, or you don’t like doing this, take your dog to a veterinary therapist. He will solve the problem and he will give you further instructions.